Help us reach 100 new member-owners!
In coordination with National Co-op Month and other food co-ops across the country, we are holding our annual member-owner drive during October! At Wheatsfield, you’re not just a member, you’re an OWNER! Join 6,900+ others in member-ownership!
Not a member-owner?! Did you know that member-ownership is a one-time refundable purchase with some excellent benefits?!
Why join the Co-op? Since 1974 Wheatsfield Co-op has been cooperatively owned by individuals in the community. Today, join more than 6,700 of your friends and neighbors in owning Wheatsfield Co-op. Although you don’t have to be a member-owner to shop, we think the benefits are outstanding. Receive member-owner coupons and discounts, keep more money in our community and invest in a business that will always be locally-owned. Join us!
Bonus for Joining in October: Get a Mystery Gift full of Goodies! If you pay in-full you will be entered to win one of five $50 gift cards! We’ll pick a winners at the end of October.
How to Join: A one-time, fully refundable, $100 investment. Not a yearly fee! You can pay in $10 installments over 10 months if you choose. It’s quick and easy to join! Just talk with a cashier. You’re moments away from owning a grocery store!
Student-Membership is a $20 yearly fee vs a one-time refundable $100 investment. Student-Members receive all the same benefits of equity membership except: patronage dividends and voting in elections.
Current Member-Owners: Refer a new member and receive a thank you beverage bar coupon. Any current member-owner on a payment plan can pay in-full to be entered in the gift card drawing.
CO-OP MONTH FUN FACTS
- Minnesota was the first state to declare an official Co-op Month proclamation in 1948.
- Co-op Month has been a nationally recognized celebration since 1964, when U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Orville Freeman, a former Minnesota governor, proclaimed October Co-op Month.
- The first national Co-op Month theme, in 1964, was “Cooperatives: USDA Helps Build a Better America.”
- The U.S. Government sponsored Co-op Month from 1964-1970.
- Every October, the U.S. Department of Agriculture releases its annual Co-op Month proclamation.
Leave A Comment