It is the Co-op’s mission to serve the community. Although we would like to support every worthwhile cause, due to the volume of requests and a limited budget, it is not possible to fulfill every request. Please review the following details before completing your application (linked below).
To submit your donation request or to ask questions about your request, please contact Melissa Lanphere, Marketing Manager by email or 515-232-4094.
- The application must be received at least 2-4 weeks before the event date in order to be considered. We often review requests in bundles once a week, and give consideration on a first-come, first-serve basis. Due to a limited donation budget, early submission is recommended.
- Only one donation per year will be made to any given organization. Please plan appropriately and decide when it is best to request a donation.
- Priority is given to organizations or events in Ames.
- Donation consideration is given to organizations that promote:
- natural and organic foods
- environmental and community improvement
- Requests from the following organizations will not be considered:
- Political candidates, parties, or advocacy organizations
- Religiously affiliated organizations
- Service clubs or fraternal organizations
- Third-party fundraisers
- Private clubs funded through membership fees
- Sporting events or sports teams
- Individuals/sponsorship of individuals
- Past support of an organization or event is not a guarantee of future support.
- To be considered for a donation, please return your completed application along with any background information on your event and your organization.
Please note, some exceptions may apply.