Wheatsfield Curbside Pickup:
Available Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays. Order by 8am.
To support our shoppers and keep our employees safe, we started curbside pickup in March 2020. Now that many customers are returning to shopping inside the co-op, we need to modify the program.
Changes to Curbside Pickup Starting May 31, 2021
– Curbside pickup will only be available Sundays, Mondays, and Tuesdays.
– Orders placed via the website or email must be submitted by 8am for same day pickup. Orders submitted after 8am will be picked the next curbside day (Sun, Mon, or Tues).
– If you need to call in your order, phone orders will only be taken between 8-9am Sundays, Mondays, and Tuesdays.
– To help cover the extra costs associated with this service, a $5 service fee will be applied to all curbside pickup orders.
– Thank you for your cooperation while we make these adjustments.
The Co-op takes orders for curbside pickup to support the health and safety of our members, customers and employees.
You do not need to be a member-owner to participate.
1. Fill out the form* below, email [email protected] or call the store to place your order. *Form is preferred, you will receive an email confirmation when submitted.
2. Curbside staff will pick your order and call you with a total when the order is ready. You will pay with a credit card over the phone.
3. Arrange a pick up time. Call the store when you are in the EAST parking lot next to the deck, and a staff person will bring your groceries out to you. We will place groceries in your car, no need to exit your vehicle.
Please be as specific as possible about the products you would like. Online product list unavailable at this time.
· Name of product / Brand / Size / Flavor
· Dietary restrictions: vegan, gluten-free, low-sodium, etc.
· 12-digit barcode number (UPC) located on product package or Bulk item PLU number if known.
*We will do our best to fill your order and get you the products you request. If you are okay with substitutions, please specify that in your notes.
Some things to keep in mind:
· Curbside pickup will only be available Sundays, Mondays, and Tuesdays.
· Orders placed via the website or email must be submitted by 8am for same day pickup. Orders submitted after 8am will be picked the next curbside day (Sun, Mon, or Tues).
· If you need to call in your order, phone orders will only be taken between 8-9am Sundays, Mondays, and Tuesdays.
· Orders will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
· Plan to pick-up orders within 24 hours, we lack the storage capacity to hold your orders for longer than one day.
· Depending on customer demand, product availability, and staff capacity, we may have to limit how many orders we can fill each day.
· Please provide your member number (if you are a member-owner) and phone number in your email.
· You will receive an emailed copy of your order after using this online form.
· To help cover the extra costs associated with this service, a $5 service fee will be applied to all curbside pickup orders.
· The Co-op reserves the right to decline to fill any order.
CURBSIDE PICKUP FORM
Thanks Wheatsfield staff for helping us stay safe at home and healthy to boot!
Thanks Wheatsfield! The pickup last week went great. What a superb service! What superb service!
This is an amazing service. My husband and I are so very grateful!
I always appreciate our Co op, but even more now
Thank you so much for this wonderful service. We are very grateful!
Thank you for the service. It is very much appreciated. Is there any easy way for me to provide some feedback to staff directly on my pick up from yesterday?
Hi Anu, please email [email protected] or call the store at 515-232-4094 and Stacey or Bronwyn will be happy to help you. Thanks!
Thanks so much for offering the pick-up service! We really appreciate it.
Love your curbside pickup service! Thank you for doing this for your customers!
We just had our first curbside-pickup today. Thank you, to all of the staff at Wheatsfield!! They do such a great job in general, and we really appreciate them.
We love Wheatsfield !!
Thank you so much! We love curbside pickup and appreciate your efforts to keep yourselves and all of us safe!!
I am very grateful for all you are doing – makes my life so much easier (and safer)
We are very grateful with the curbside service you are providing as we try to abide by the confinement restrictions. We always like to shop at Wheatsfield for the quality of the products and the friendliness of the staff. Thank you very much!
The Wheatfield Staff is top-notch! Thank you for offering this service and for your hard work and great communication about how to best work through this situation. My family and I are incredibly appreciative!
We really appreciate all the extra during this time!
Thank-you to the entire Wheatsfield staff. Your willingness to place yourselves at risk by showing up for work each day is enabling us, your customers, to continue enjoying the benefits of good food and good health despite current social restrictions and economic challenges. I’m sure I speak for the entire community in saying, “We are grateful.”
You guys are my heroes. Thank you SO much for all you are doing to make our “old folks” stay at home time healthy and happy. 🙂
Fantastic service and way ahead of the rest of town in terms of safety procedures. We appreciate you!
I miss seeing your friendly faces and wandering your aisles, but I so appreciate this easy, well -organized service you are providing to keep your customers safe. We have done this several times already and have nothing but appreciation.
We’ve used the service multiple times now, and it’s always a pleasure and very much appreciated.
Wheatsfield staff ROCKS!
I have had a curbside order the last couple of weeks and just submitted another. You are providing such great service with this. As I walk, I have really appreciated how the staff have packed it to make this easy for me. Everything is correct, timely, and the staff are so friendly and helpful. And, the fruits and vegetables are the best I’ve tasted. Many thanks.
Thank-you all so much. Stay Safe. I want to donate to the CO-op at check-out and hope others do as well. Love curbside pick-up.
I cannot tell you just how grateful we are for our Co-op!! We’ve ordered curbside pickup a few times and Wheatsfield—you have been amazing!!
Thank you many times over for offering this service! Your staff is amazing, always going the extra mile to make subs as needed, too!
This continue to be a lifeline for us. Now, more than ever, the Co-op is valued by our family. Can’t wait to come back in someday! Thank you for all you do..
The service and staff is amazing always but even more so now. Have you (the Wheatsfield customers and W itself) considered reusing the paper grocery bags and the boxes and also have you considered not using produce bags. By now it’s clear COVID-19 is very unlikely to spread by touch and most definitely goes away from a surface in 2-3 days. Shoppers could bring the bags/boxes back in their trunk.
thanks you so much for continuing Curbside pick-up. It has really been helpful for our family.
Thank you so much for continuing this service.
Thank you for curbside!!!!
Wheatsfield curbside pickup is literally the best curbside service of any business in Ames.
Wheatsfield feels like a caring family!!! Thank you for your help and your friendship.
I agree with the above, recent comments. Thank you for continuing the curbside pickup service. It has made a difference to me. And, I think it must be the best in Ames, just because your curbside staff have done such a good job with it. And always so friendly and kind. With no car, I walk over and carry my groceries home on foot and they always pack them so thoughtfully.
This service is more valuable than ever to all of us high-risk coop members. Thank you so much for your patient and courteous help in these trying times. Diana & Dennis
[…] Curbside Pickup […]
We are having family come to town from out of state (and from Canada) and they want us to be super-careful. curbside pick up is so helpful!!
Thank you for your kind words and support. We are happy to offer a safe and reliable way to keep our community fed!
Thank you, again, for continuing curbside! Everyone involved has been doing an amazing job!
Our curbside folks appreciate hearing from happy members and customers, now more than ever! Thank you Jeannette!