Recipes courtesy of Cuisine at Home & Co+op Welcome to the Table.
Summer is finally here! Cool off and chill out with one or all of these easy mocktail & cocktail recipes.
GINGERED TOMATO JUICE
• 3/4 cup of ginger beer
• 3/4 cup of tomato juice (your choice)
• Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco sauce to taste
Fill two tall glasses with ice, then top each with half of the tomato juice and ginger beer. Season with Worcestershire and Tabasco sauces, and stir to blend. Enjoy!
GLORIOUS GREEN COOLER
• 2 English cucumbers, roughly chopped
• 2 cups green grapes
• 3 kiwi fruits, peeled
• 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves
• 1 cup brewed green tea
• Still mineral water
In a blender, combine all ingredients, except mineral water, until smooth. Strain into a pitcher,
discarding solids, and refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour. Divide among 6 ice-filled tumbler glasses and top with still mineral water or extra chilled green tea, if desired. Garnish with slices of cucumber, frozen green grapes, and mint leaves, if desired. To make this a cocktail, add a shot of tequila, and enjoy responsibly.
• ¼ cup superfine sugar
• 1 cup fresh celery juice (from 1 large bunch celery)
• 1 bottle Prosecco (750 ml)
Whisk sugar into celery juice until dissolved.
Fill flutes one-third full with Prosecco, top with one-third celery juice, then top with one-third more Prosecco.
To keep the Prosecco from foaming up, be sure to follow the instructions carefully.
For this garnish, run a vegetable peeler along the length of a rib of celery. Enjoy responsibly.
LEMON GINGER ZIPPER
• 1 can of Strainge Beast Hard Kombucha; Lemon Ginger Hibiscus
• 1 can Jefferson County Ciderworks; Zesty & Bright Session Hard Cider
• Lemon wedges, for garnish
Fill two tall glasses halfway with ice, then top each with half hard kombucha & half hard cider. Squeeze fresh lemon in the drinks and garnish with extra lemon wedges. Enjoy responsibly.