flat lay bowl of spinach, arugula, kumquat and cheese salad on dark table
Arugula-Kumquat Salad with Orange-Currant Vinaigrette
For the vinaigrette
• ¼ cup dried currants
• 3 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
• 2 Tbsp. walnut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
• 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
• Salt and black pepper to taste
For the salad
• 4 cups arugula
• ¼ cup sliced kumquats
• ¼ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
For the vinaigrette, combine currants and orange juice in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high until juice starts to bubble, 1 minute, then let cool 5 minutes. This will quickly hydrate and plump the currants. Whisk in oil, vinegar, and Dijon; season with salt and pepper.
For the salad, toss arugula, kumquats, and walnuts with vinaigrette.
Recipe sourced from Cuisine at Home