Recipe courtesy of Welcometothetable.coop
Mojito Watermelon Salad
Serve this refreshing salad with grilled or blackened strip or flank steak.
- 2 cups seeded watermelon, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 large red heirloom tomato, cored and chopped
- 1 large yellow heirloom tomato, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila (optional)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- Pinch each of salt and freshlyground black pepper
Place the watermelon and tomato pieces on a paper towel to absorb excess moisture.
In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, tequila, agave nectar, vinegar, mint, salt, pepper and olive oil. Add the watermelon and tomatoes, toss well to coat and serve immediately.
This salad is a refreshing complement to grilled or blackened strip or flank steak. Add cucumber for extra crunch, feta cheese for a sweet/salty contrast, or papaya and jicama for a colorful Latin-style treat.
181 calories, 11 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 66 mg. sodium, 18 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 2 g. protein