1. The board is seeking applicants for the upcoming Wheatsfield Board election!
All member-owners are welcome to apply to be a candidate for the Board of Directors. Three seats are up for election. Apply by Monday, August 24, 11:59pm. Voting will commence on October 1, both online and in the store.
2. Student members of Wheatsfield are similarly encouraged to apply for the student seat on the Wheatsfield Board of Directors. Applications are also due Aug. 24, and can be found on the Wheatsfield website and at the cash registers.
3. Wheatsfield has made permanent the $2/hour Hero Bonus implemented at the ouset of COVID-19. Additionally, Wheatsfield has raised the starting wage to $11/hr.
4. Sales are holding strong into the summer, and the co-op remains in a strong financial position. June 30 marked the end of the fiscal year, with sales 7.24% over the previous year!
5. The Wheatsfield Board approved a resolution to reinstate board member stipends. The board had voted in 2018 to pause board stipends during the store’s expansion project. Each board member will receive $30/month, and the board president will receive $60/month. The purpose of the stipend is to show appreciation for the board member’s time, and to help cover any expenses that might be needed during meetings, such as childcare or transportation.
6. Wheatsfield management is preparing for the co-op’s biennial audit, which will be completed by Wegner & Associates.