Recipe courtesy of StrongerTogether.coop
Total Time: 20-30 minutes
- 1⁄2 cup ginger ale
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, stems removed
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 pound fresh ripe peaches/plums/watermelon, pitted and cut into quarters
- 1 small pineapple (2–3 pounds), peeled, cored, and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 6 metal or bamboo skewers (soak bamboo skewers in water before using)
Prepare and heat the grill.
In a small bowl, whisk together the ginger ale, honey, orange juice, oil, brown sugar, allspice, thyme leaves, salt and cayenne pepper, if using.
Thread the fruit onto the skewers and place them on a rimmed sheet pan. Brush the fruit with some of the marinade. When the grill is hot, put the skewers on and grill on each side for 3 to 4 minutes, glazing the fruit with more marinade every couple of minutes.