Highlights from the Board of Directors meeting held on May 20th, 2020.
1. The Wheatsfield Board held its second virtual board meeting via Zoom on Wednesday, May 20 due to the pandemic. It went well and we are getting the hang of not meeting in person.
2. The transition of payroll processing to a different third party vendor is almost complete and employees will begin clocking into the new software on June 15.
3. The Board heard about the various Covid 19 realities for the store and discussed requiring staff to wear masks when on the sales floor and moving closing hours back to 9pm on June 1 along with the success of the Curbside Pickup Program which has been a bright spot throughout the pandemic.
4. The Board Nominations and Recruitment Committee recommended former board member Casey Szymanski to fill a vacant board seat which was approved by the Board. Welcome, Casey!
6. The Board is seeking applicants for the annual board election which will take place in October in conjunction with the Annual Meeting of the Members. Board candidate applications will be available in the store and online beginning on July 1 with the deadline for submission of the application on Monday, August 24 at midnight.
7. Customer counts were lower in April due to social distancing but larger average baskets created strong sales numbers.